Thursday 9 June 2011

I am the black wizards

I know I should write everything out but I'm lazy today.

June 8th
Worked up to a 395 x 9 deadlift set. Felt damn strong too.
Pulled a 605 rack pull from just above the knee.
And sweated like choir boy after sermon.

I wanted to take some time to put some of my thoughts out there. first one is a small rant about whey-factory.com I normally order my protein from these guys. They also offer a bunch of other products too. I like them as they cut all the crap out of buying the name brand junk loaded with sugar and lets you bulk order products. they are cheap, fast, and have great customer service. Their chocolate whey protein actually tastes good and it mixes well. That is rare for a cheap price protein. The big thing they did lately was they had hit a problem with one of the suppliers that they couldn't get BCAAs. So when I ordered it, instead they sent me a name brand BCAA product as a replacement. that is beyond what they would need to do. They also tend to include free samples with larger orders too. Honestly, they make good stuff that works and doesn't make your wallet cry. Give them a shot, you'll like them.

Next is the keyboard warrior trolls. Lots of people like to give negative comments but not many like to give positive ones. A great example is the 1000 lb squat from Rob Wilkerson. I don't care if people think it was "high" or not. He had three judges watching, who saw more than we do in a video, and they said he hit it. Sounds legit to me. I think that more people need to quit focusing on what others are doing and being negative about it and more time on getting inspiration from it and moving up and on to bigger and better things.

This is the squat in question.

Last is about mental health. I can openly say that one I deal with both depression and anxiety. I do take medication for both and I also see a therapist. To me my well being is a huge part of my life. I have come to realize that talking and asking for help doesn't make you weak. I have my problems, and no won't go into them here, but trying to sort them out on my own and NOT talking about them got me no where. I feel that in the strength community, it is frowned upon to talk about these things. It leads to suicides, drug abuse, and alcoholism. Opening up can be a hard thing, I know how hard it is, but it is something I feel everyone needs to do. So spend some time thinking about what matters to you, think of what and why something bothers you, and talk about your feelings and emotions. Seriously, do it. Women will love it and you will feel better.

On a short tag on, next week is the toronto Supershow. Expect pictures and a write up.

No comments:

Post a Comment