Friday 15 April 2011

Can't stop here, this is bat country...

I'm starting to come up with blog titles that don't mean anything... yeah, I'm over worked on the creative side of things... shut up you smell!

Forgot to charge my ipod... just because the music stops doesn't mean I do. Said fuck it and trained as hard as ever.

April 14th

Warm up, forgot my pvc pipe in the car so I used a shitty foam roller for SMR... not as effective.

Clean and jerks

Well the bumpers were being used by a crafty russian, so I started with bar snatches and overhead squats.
snatch x 8
over head squats x 6,8  Happy with these as they were ATG, which for a unflexible bum like me.

back to the cleans

135 x 4
155 x 3
185 x 2,2 first set was horrible, powered up and wasn't getting under the bar. Press was good though.
205 x fail, fail... blah. I suck at these. I need to record my crappy technique and get someone's advice on these. I want to get up to a 255 clean by summer's end and I know I have the strength for it... just no technique.

Deadlifts
205 x 8
255 x 8
300 x 8,8,8,8,11 not bad, could have gone for more, but I am supposed to stop 2-3 reps shy of failure.

SSB squats
155 x 8
175 x 8
205 x 10(?) I lost count so it could have been more... I may have counted 7 twice...

Trap bar shrugs
130 x 20
200 x 19,20,5 the five was with fatgripz on the handles. I also did a bunch of holds at this weight with them on there for grip and shits/giggles.

side bends
80 lbs x 15,15 per side.

Event: Barbarian load
coordination wasn't there today, but got 255 to 40" so not too bad.

Reverse hyper
70 lbs x 12,12,10

light cardio

for some reason I felt like doing some log presses... empty 14" log (143 lbs empty) for 5 (all viper presses)

Stretched out and home.

I'm starting to be known as the guy who competes in powerlifting and strongman at my gym. I like that, people ask about my competitions all the time. I get to shoot the shit about it to people who just want to watch and it makes me feel the sports have a good amount of life here in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment