Monday 11 April 2011

Things I thought I knew how to do but don't

Starting the 8s rep wave today

April 11th

Warm up with some PVC rolling.

Plyo box jumps
30" x 5
30" x 5
36" x 5 well not onto the box, mentally I just can't do it, too afraid of faceplanting into the mirror. I put a broom stick we use for shoulder warmups across it and jumped over the stick. Worked really well.

Squats
bar x 8
135 x 10
225 x 8
255 x 8,8,8,8,12
Repped it out nicely. I am used to the higher rep work load, which is awesome.

Safety Squat Bar good mornings
seated
135 x 10
135 x 10
standing
185 x 10
185 x 10
I hate these, but well to get stronger you do what you hate.

SSB(safety squat bar) lunges
bar x 8
85 x 8
115 x 8
Again, I hate lunges.

Standing abs with green band x 18 too easy.

Decline abs
10 lbs plate behind head x 12, 12, 6

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 19
BW+25lbs x 10
BW+25lbs x 8

one arm DB overhead press
70 x 1 each arm
80 x 1 each arm
90 x 1 each arm
100 x 1 each arm
110 x fail and fail each arm

I am having issues balancing the weight at the top on 110. I am pissed at this, I should be able to hit it.

Light cardio and stretch everything out.

Between cardio, warm up, and stretching, I'm adding an hour to my workouts. Fucking long ass workouts.

Today I realized, well saturday I was shown, I have no clue how to wrap my wrist wraps. I have been doing it wrong all this time. I spent my sunday and today thinking I need a new pair because mine were too short, but no.

To wrap properly, you start low on the wrist, about a half wrap down. Pull tight and start to wrap up towards your hand. Now with a shorter wrap (like a 20" one) you should be at your hand by the end of the first full wrap around. From here wrap up to just under the first knuckle on your pinky and thumb.  I was getting to there, and doubling up the wrap. I double, velcro down tight and take the thumb loop off.

If done correctly, moving your wrist should be very very hard and so should opening your hand. Your hand and wrist won't move when you grip the bar and you'll protect your wrist from sounding like a broken cement mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment